CITIZENS OF A NEW CIVILIZATION
“Be The Change”, Gandhi
You will be invited to be radically honest with yourself – with your own, actual, unique physical, emotional and existential experience. You will be invited to fully face yourself, to take responsibility for your freedom, and become your own authority.
As you settle into this new understanding, together with other men in the same program, you will learn how to relate differently, with a depth of respect and equality that is empowering for you and for everyone around you. How can we co-create a new civilization unless we ourselves have learnt to relate in this way? .
Based on decades of exploration with groups of men, Citizens of a New Civilization is an experiential course: while it will involve rational concepts and understanding, it is above all a very personal exploration. It is open and relevant to men of all ages, ethnicities, sexualities, and beliefs, and taking part will not require you to believe in anything outside your own experience.
*HOW MUCH IS IT?
The program costs 100€.
If that is too much for you at this time, you can take part for less, or even for free.
If you want to, and are able to financially support others, you can make a donation.
- It is an 8-week program
Each week you will receive an (approx.) one hour long video, and various support materials.
- There are also some daily practices, expect to dedicate 15 min. per day
There is a sharing space in which to interact with the other men in the group.
- There will be readings and a Q&A space for clarifications from the program’s creator, Mark Josephs.
We ask each man to make the following commitments to himself if he wants to take part:
To create undisturbed ‘alone time’ each week to view the week’s video.
To engage with the self-educational ‘practices’ suggested in each video. These exercises are things you’ll be invited to do in your everyday life to help you not only understand the material intellectually, but experientially. Typically these take five or ten minutes, once or twice a day.
To share something of your experience of the program at least once a week in the group’s sharing space.
To read each week’s study materials. These are typically one to four page extracts from Mark´s book The Uprising of Man – A Proposal.
Week 1 – The Return to Ourselves
· Honesty and not-knowing. Exploration of staying in our own experience. What does it feel like? How does this change (or impact) everyday life?
· Practice: The Three Breaths
Week 2 – Aloneness & Belonging
· Discovering freedom: aloneness, uniqueness and belonging. Experiencing equality. How we disempower ourselves. The physical, rational, emotional and existential modes of experience.
Week 3 – Contraction & Expansion
· Strengthening Center and the experience of personal authority. The Contraction-Expansion Axis.
· Practice: The Vertical Axis
Week 4 – Managing Contraction I
· Self-Observation. The dramas of emotional contraction. Learning to self-manage: identifying and disidentifying.
· Practice: Self Care I
Week 5 – Managing Contraction II
· The existential contraction: dissolving without resolving. Returning to freedom and power
· Practice: Self Care II
Week 6 – The Experience of Equality
· The simultaneous experience of both vulnerability and power. Equality and love. Brotherhood.
· Practice: Authentic Relating
Week 7 – Relating in Equality
· Meeting the world in equality. Learning to reveal and receive in all four modes of experience. Community.
· Practice: Self Revelation
Week 8 – Unity & Purpose
· Review of all the concepts and practices.
· Sustaining practice in everyday life. Brotherhood.
. Purpose, action, ‘meaningful creativity’.
Citizens of a new Civilization
An 8-week experiential online self-education program 100€ or free*
If you haven’t done so already you might like to get the three free short intro videos:
” This work has enabled me to get know parts of me I wasn’t aware of – parts that were holding the reins of my life. I have begun to get back what I believe is freedom. “
” In this work you experience the strength of the pack. It creates packs of conscious men! “
” Mark is a marvelous man, inspiring and recklessly authentic. I love his courage and the originality of his proposal. “
” I have crossed the threshold. I have said goodbye to being a victim, to “I can’t”, to my fears, and embraced the strength and bravery to be the leader of my own life. Nothing will ever be like before. “
” This work has enabled me to empower myself, and begin to discover a strong and sensitive manhood. To grow I need to be in a circle of men. “
” If you think this can change your life you are very wrong. Mark puts down the gunpowder, but you light the wick. Only you can save your own life. “
” Mark has an innate – and well earned – ability to encourage and guide other men to go deeper into themselves, so that each one gains mastery of the depths of his own being. This gift is especially effective due to the humility with which he is willing to give of himself. “
” I am discovering a way to respect myself, and love myself, that’s radiating out – a respectful way of relating that is a treasure for someone like me who’s relating to children, teenagers and adults every day. “
” I have learnt how fucking beautiful it is to show up as a man in vulnerability and authenticity. “
” Most impressive and important for me is that Mark relates to me as a brother, an equal, a man like me – which enables me to open up easily. “
” The most valuable thing for me was the atmosphere of great sensitivity and respect for life. Thanks from my heart. “
” Working with Mark allowed me to taste the freedom that’s there behind all of our conditioning. That changed my life. “